Market segmentation is at the core of true marketing. It has attracted a lot of attention among libraries in the last few years. Beyond my own library, several others across the country are digging deep into understanding our customers. At a time while we remain “Open To All” we can no longer be “All Things To All People.” Market segmentation really helps to focus your efforts.
So you won’t want to miss this upcoming LJ webcast: SWOT, PEST, and More Market Segmentation Tools for Faculty and Students (sure it says “faculty and students” but if you don’t know much about this subject, start here!)
Here’s the scoop:
Tuesday March 22nd at 12pm EST
The program will show how using BusinessDecision with Esri’s Tapestry Segmentation opens up GIS and market segmentation tools for use on a range of business, planning, sociology, public administration, and health policy projects including PEST and SWOT analyses–without the need for GIS training or expertise.
· How market segmentation data is used in the real world to solve business problems
· How students and faculty use this data on projects that provide value to their institutions and communities
· The role of academic libraries in providing this data to faculty and students
· Lisa Bogaty, Associate Professor of Business and Computer Technology, Pellissippi State Community College
· Bill Kovack, Assistant Professor of Business, LaGrange College
· Angela Lee, Esri Libraries & Museums Industry Manager
· Marc Futterman, President and CEO, CIVICTechnologies (moderator)
Don’t miss it!