To consolidate your Facebook presence or allow multiple pages: that has been the question. Many of you have weighed in with your thoughts. A solution is on the near horizon!
Thanks to Lisa Fuller of Worthington Libraries who shared this blog post with me, I can share with you new developments that Facebook is soon to release that address this sticky wicket: 5 changes to Pages and Places.
1. The New Locations Tab: automatically loads nearby locations and allows search by zip code.
2. Parent-child linking: (no, not literally parent & child) let’s you tie together multiple locations to a main page.
3. Check-in: check-ins at the child level appear on the main level.
4. Main level management: THIS IS BIG. Parent page admins can manage child page admins. This will go a long way in ensuring consistency across multiple people entering content across multiple pages.
5. New pages features: you’ll have so much greater customized management including settings and custom tabs.
And while you’re at it, check out Facebook’s new Messenger— great way to communicate via mobile with small groups. As communication has moved from broadcast (print ads or brochures) to narrowcast (more focused messages to more defined audiences) this will be an effective tool. Think how you can communicate with your Friends group, teens, legislators, trustees.
I love all these new tools that help us tell our story!