Did you miss the buzz at last week’s PLA conference surrounding this groundbreaking new program? Career Online High School allows libraries to offer adults in their community the opportunity to earn an accredited high school diploma and career certificate. Register now to hear what all the fuss is about!
During this event, you will:
- Learn why libraries are the perfect space for this online high school completion program.
- See how Career Online High School engages adults back into the educational system and by doing so, helps your library fulfill its mission to improve lives and move your community forward.
- Hear from John Szabo, City Librarian, Los Angeles Public Library speak about why they’re offering COHS and provide details about their program implementation.
- Listen to COHS alumna Deanna Boersma tell her story on how earning her accredited high school diploma and career certificate changed her life.
More than 40 million Americans lack a high school diploma. Learn how your library can play a crucial role in addressing this educational crisis and creating meaningful outcomes, such as improved quality of life and economic growth for your community.
- Dr. Howard A. Liebman is a nationally recognized educator and entrepreneur with experience in founding and leading successful public and private education-related enterprises. He holds a Ph.D. in Education from Barry University, a master’s degree in Social Work from Florida International University, and a bachelor’s degree in Psychology from the University of Florida.
- John F. Szabo is the City Librarian of the Los Angeles Public Library, which serves over four million people—the largest population of any library in the United States—through its Central Library, 72 neighborhood branches and website at www.lapl.org. Szabo has more than 20 years of leadership experience in public libraries and is a champion for innovative library services that address critical community needs in areas including health disparities, workforce development, adult literacy, school readiness and emergent literacy for preschoolers. He has a strong commitment to consensus building and outreach to diverse communities.
Bethany Dobson – Market Development Manager, Gale, a part of Cengage Learning
Bethany’s primary responsibilities include working with sales representatives to develop tools and events that help them to connect to customers more effectively. She has been with Gale for three years in various roles in both sales and marketing. She received a B.A. from the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, MI in English and Spanish, summa cum laude, and is currently working on her Master’s in Business Administration from Wayne State University, MI, with a concentration in International Business.
Follow us on Twitter! @LJEvent #LJcohs
For more information about this webcast, please visit Library Journal.
Need help getting registered? Send us an email describing your problem.