This year’s round of Library Journal‘s New Landmark Libraries returns to its roots, honoring public libraries completed between 2010 and 2014 (the previous public competition, held in 2011, honored public libraries completed through 2009, and in 2012 academic standouts were recognized).
Below are the lists of 11 winners and 11 honorable mentions in alphabetical order, selected from more than 80 entries by a panel of judges from the field led by project coordinator Emily Puckett Rodgers, School of Information Entrepreneurship Program Manager at the University of Michigan.
For complete profiles, trends and more, watch for the September 15th issues of Library Journal and Library By Design!
- Bayview Linda Brooks-Burton Branch Library, San Francisco Public Library, San Francisco, CA
Designed by: THA Architecture (with Karin Payson architecture + design)
- Cedar Rapids Public Library, Cedar Rapids, IA
Designed by: OPN Architects, Inc.
- Jasper Place Branch, Edmonton Public Library, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Designed by: HCMA Architecture + Design
- Lawrence Public Library, Lawrence, KS
Designed by: Gould Evans
- Madison Central Library, Madison, WI
Designed by: MSR
- Main Library at Goodwood, East Baton Rouge Parish, Baton Rouge, LA
Designed by: The Library Design Collaborative: Cockfield Jackson | Tipton Associates | Dewberry
- Mitchell Park Library & Community Center, Palo Alto City Library, CA
Designed by: Group 4 Architecture, Research Planning, Inc.
- Pico Branch Library, Santa Monica Public Library, CA
Designed by: Koning Eizenberg Architecture
- St. Helena Branch Library, Beaufort County Library, St. Helena Island, SC
Designed by: Liollio Architecture
- San Diego Central Library, San Diego Public Library, CA
Designed by: Rob Wellington Quigley, FAIA / Tucker Sadler Architects
- Vancouver Community Library, Fort Vancouver Regional Library District, Vancouver, WA
Designed by: The Miller Hull Partnership
- Main Library, Billings Public Library, MT
Designed by: Will Bruder Partners
- Fort York Branch, Toronto Public Library, Ontario, Canada
Designed by: KPMB Architects
- Walker Library, Hennepin County Library, Minneapolis, MN
Designed by: VJAA
- Library 21c, Pikes Peak Library District, Colorado Springs, CO
Designed by: Humphries Poli Architects
- East Branch, Milwaukee Public Library, WI
Designed by: HGA Architects and Engineers
- Battery Park City Library, New York Public Library, NY
Designed by: 1100 Architect
- Rodolfo “Corky” Gonzales Branch Library, Denver Public Library, CO
Designed by: studiotrope Design Collective
- Beaverbrook Library, Ottawa Public Library, Ontario, Canada
Designed by: Moriyama & Teshima Architects
- Tidewater Community College/City of Virginia Beach Joint Use Library, Virginia Beach Public Library, VA
Designed by: Carrier Johnson + Culture (RRMM Architects, architect of record; Anderson Brulé Architects, Interior Designer/Feasibility Study Architect)
- Warrensville Heights Branch Library, Cuyahoga County Public Library, Warrensville Heights, OH
Designed by: HBM Architects
- Wolf Creek Branch Library, Atlanta-Fulton Public Library System, Atlanta, GA
Designed by: Leo A Daly, Inc.