Library Snitch Crushes Dreams

It’s nice to see librarians keeping up their reputations as safeguarding busybodies. Thanks to one particular busybody in Nazareth, PA, a seven year old boy who’s been visiting the Nazareth library every two weeks for two years burst into tears while vowing never to go a library again. Way to go, "female employee of the Nazareth Library"!

The story is a bit complicated, but it seems a seven year old boy was very excited about joining the summer reading program at the Nazareth public library, and who really can blame him. There’s not much more exciting than a summer reading program, especially if free Slurpees are involved!
"Dominick Philip was so excited about participating in the summer reading program at the library in Nazareth Borough he circled the date of Wednesday’s kickoff event on a calendar in his room several weeks ago. Dominick led the parade of children around the library Wednesday and went home with books from his favorite series, the ‘Magic Tree House.’" To which I think we can all reply, "Awwwwww, how cute." (And, as you can see from a follow-up story, little Dominick is cute as a button.)

Because he was such an excited little parade leader, Dominick got his picture in the local paper covering the event (big news day in Nazareth!). There was his downfall, because the photo caption listed him as a resident of Tatamy, wherever that is. Apparently Tatamy residents aren’t supposed to use the Nazareth library system, even though they attend the Nazareth school system. Those Tatamy people are supposed to go the the Easton library system. It might seem a little silly, but that’s the kind of confusion you get if you live in some town with a population under a thousand
Dominick had been able to use the Nazareth library because when his mother got a card at the Easton library, someone mistakenly put on a sticker allowing Dominick to get a card at the Nazareth library. Or something like that. The point being, the little boy wasn’t sneaking around.
Anyway, after seeing the caption, "A female employee at the Nazareth library then called Easton Area’s main library to complain that a mistake had been made, said Stephanie Supinski, manager of the Palmer branch, who later left the message on the Philips’ answering machine. Supinski said she didn’t know who made the complaint with the main library."

One has to wonder what sort of spite motivated this "female employee." Did she want all the Magic Tree House books for herself? I’m not surprised we don’t know who made the complaint. This particular employee probably won’t be coming forward and saying, "it was me! it was me!"
Sure, sure, the little boy technically shouldn’t have been checking out books from the Nazareth library, and the snitch could also make the slippery slope argument that if we let one of those filthy Tatamy residents use the Nazareth library, pretty soon they’d all want to come, all 930 of them.

But of course no one knew about this one anomalous patron until the "female employee" went about her busybody bureaucratic business and ratted him out. There was no slippery slope. There wasn’t even a mistake on the boy’s part. There was just this one glitch that allowed this one boy to use the Nazareth library for about 29% of his little life. That’s a lot of precedent for a seven-year-old.

Maybe the Nazareth library "female employee" has a glimmer of humanity and feels bad now that the news has broken. Or maybe she’s just hiding hoping not to be found out as the bureaucratic busybody she apparently is.

Was she a "librarian" (whatever that means)? Let’s hope not, because one would think that librarians would have a professional motivation and dedication broader than just following every technical rule in the township library handbook. Librarians have a professional obligation to encourage reading and a joy of lifelong learning, and if I were a librarian who’d happened to notice this little anomaly, I’d have just kept quiet about it and let the kid enjoy the summer reading program, rather than actively seeking to crush his hopes and dreams with my bureaucratic nonsense. One little boy who has broken no rules using this library damages no one. Maybe if he’d been there to play videogames, "female employee" would have left him about his business.

Since I’m writing this on a Sunday afternoon, it reminds me of an anecdote. There’s a story about Tito. Allegedly when he was a young altar boy he accidentally spilled the wine (I say allegedly because one story has it that he allowed priestly garments to fall to the floor). The priest struck him and told him to leave the church, which he did. He grew up to hate the church and become a communist revolutionary. Perhaps little Dominick will grow up to hate libraries and become a revolutionary anti-librarian. If he does, we’ll know who to blame! "Female employee"!

Speaking of the Church, it makes me wonder what the "female employee" would do if Jesus Christ showed up and wanted a library card. He’s definitely from Nazareth, but she would probably turn him down for insufficient proof of address. She probably wouldn’t let him into the summer reading program, either.

Comments

1. Dr. Pepper says:

Librarians: Making young kids cry, since the days of Alexandria ;-)

2. Chubbrarian says:

There were other ways to handle this of course, and not to defend this library employee, but it is possible that Nazareth parents, feeling their truly Nazarean child was slighted in favor this lowly Tatamian, might have complained had this oversight not been “corrected.” But still, c’mon, it’s not like the kid stole the town’s lemon tree or something :).

3. Matt says:

God, “library employees” and their precious little rules. There’s no problem that can’t be resolved by making a rule about it. And there’s no rule that can’t be explained by making a hand-written sign. Rules are a crutch for people with no common sense.

4. c6f6h says:

“Rules are a crutch for people with no common sense.”

Is that why we have AACRII?

5. Techserving You says:

Matt – can I please please use that line about rules? I LOVE it! It applies to so many people with whom I ‘work’.

6. Richard says:

Philip, like Andrew and Peter, was from the town of Bethsaida. Philip found Nathanael and told him, “We have found the one Moses wrote about in the Law, and about whom the prophets also wrote—Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph.’”
    “Nazareth! Can anything good come from there?” Nathanael asked.
    “Come and see,” said Philip.

7. NotMarianTheLibrarian says:

I’d be willing to bet it was a volunteer rather than an employee. And of course Jesus wouldn’t be welcome in the library! Considering the times and the location, He would probably be dirty and sweaty and smelly. Just like a street person!

FYI – I am a church-going Episcopalian and I once heard a wonderful sermon about Our Lord’s feet.

8. ChickenLittle says:

Why do we need these ridiculous “summer reading programs” anyways?? All kids should get outside in the sunshine in the summer and have some good old fashioned fun, hike, swim, go to camp….summer and youth are short, enjoy them, books can always wait till later!

9. 526s3 says:

“I’d be willing to bet it was a volunteer rather than an employee.”

Tomato Tamaaatoe. Either way, it was someone who thought they were qualified to be a librarian.

10. a PA Librarian says:

I live elsewhere in Pennsylvania and never use the public library in my own zip code. It just isn’t that good. I drive several miles out of the way to go to a whole other ocunty where there’s a larger, functioning library — with convenient parking! — and happily use their resources. AND they’re happy to let me use them. Most of Pennsylvania has open reciprocal walk-in-and-borrow privileges under the “Access Pennsylvania” system (at least through the end of the current fiscal year). Don’t know what’s up with the “female employee” in the story, but I’m glad she doesn’t work near where I live.

11. DementedLibrarian says:

I have a shirt that states this case perfectly:
    To Err is Human
    To Forgive NOT Library Policy.

That’s ridiculous. I know I wouldn’t turn down a kid or an adult just because they live in another county. I live at the county line so I use the libraries in 2 different counties and in different parts of the counties, depending on where I am at the time.

12. jmo, mls says:

Long ago, we had a pudgy little pale kid, probably 10 or 11 years old who would come in and play SIM CITY 3000 on the library’s “children’s PC”, every single day. His mother probably told him to get out of the house and exercise and he had this brilliant idea…anyway, one day before we opened I disabled the ability to save your game to the hard drive and all his hard work went up in smoke. MUhahahaha.

13. ChickenLittle says:

“I disabled the ability to save your game to the hard drive and all his hard work went up in smoke. MUhahahaha.”
    ….Nice work…I’ll bet “Mommy” provided a lot of comfort food that night!! I wonder how much these wonderful “summer reading programs” are contributing to a good deal of summer obesity also?? Get outside people, you can read in winter!

14. TwoQatz says:

I never needed a reading program to encourage me to read. I grew up in the hot humid South with little/no AC. We played in the mornings and evenings and retreated to what cool we could find during the heat and read as TV was forbidden during the day. We had a great librarian at our branch – she always had a suggestion and had me reading adult fiction at 11. She’s long dead now but that woman was a public librarian saint. How sad that there are librarians/paras/volunteers who make kids’ lives miserable.

15. tesslibtech... says:

Reading in the summer doesn’t preclude playing outside. I managed to do both as a kid :)

As for the person who snitched, it just leaves me speechless. How petty.

16. Mr. Kat says:

I’m so upset I could start throwing books.

This is about the most outrageous disservice I have ever heard. If I was library director I would be putting a certain librarian on the “fire for any offense possible” list and re-writing my library rulebook.

First purpose of the library is to encourage literacy. Second purpose is to educate. Today, this library has taught a child that the library is a mean nasty place full of selfish tight little buns. And now he has pretty darn good reason to kick the literacy habit and pick up the video games.

I hope this community gets the upcoming they so richly deserve.

17. Eva says:

Does your system really work like this? Over here in Norway we have national library cards and anyone can register with it at any library they want, no one cares where you live.

18. Anonymous says:

I bet the child actually returned his materials on time and paid overdue fees. We give library privileges to anyone who lives or works in our state since their taxes help to pay for the library.

19. 5d5e2 says:

When cute little waifs come up to the check out counter and say “I dont gots a cawd, can I pwease have some books” my heart breaks and I let them take material out because they are so darn cute. As a matter of fact, I don’t even look at our “rule” book. Rules are so library 1.0 You can do anything you want here! We love you at the library!

20. Your Conscience says:

Seriously? As much as libraries lust for attention, an employee pulls this ‘stunt!’ This should be part of her annual review, if not part of a suspension letter. I can’t believe… on second thought, I can as I work with several individuals of the same caliber. Yay.

21. f8ddt says:

So, why bother to have any rules?

22. waltless says:

Eva:
    Yeah, and I’ll bet you have national health care and don’t wage very many wars…we just don’t do it that way here.

23. Floyd R Turbo says:

waltless, there are planes and boats leaving everyday. If you hate it hear, get on one. If you want to change things, shut up and work for change.

Thank you.

24. Gman says:

25. Floyd R Turbo says:

“Not to change the subject Floyd, but some of us have been working for national health care for decades and where are we now?”

Busy making rules for petty bureaucrats. There is hope that librarians will find work.

26. jmo, mls says:

The Norse did their plundering and warmaking a 1000 years ago. What have they done of merit, worth or interest since, besides get occupied by the Germans?

It’s easy to have national ‘elf when you float on a sea of oil.

As for “how it works here” in the US–each library system is different insofar as where it gets its funding.

Why don’t the idiots in this story set up a shared system agreement and invite the kid back?

27. BSPEH says:

Gosh, everything is so easy when you are not directly involved, isn’t it?

28. I Like Books says:

Let’s see… reading in the summer for two hours per day for maybe four days per week. That leaves fourteen hours left to play outside on the reading days (less eating and stuff), and sixteen on the other days. Might be a little hard fitting anything in…

29. volunteer says:

I agree, I didn’t need a summer reading program to encourage me to read, either. But then, most children don’t have the all-consuming love of books that I did as a child. And I wouldn’t have cared what town little Dominick lived in; I wouldn’t have ratted him out.

30. DLauber says:

Some folk cannot see the forest from the trees. In a nation where reading is on the declining, it is amazing that a library employee would do something so foolish as to deny a 7 year old a program that gets him to read so enthusiastically. Hopefully there will be a follow up here soon reporting that the Mayor of Nazareth, PA, has agreed to make him an honorary citizens of Nazareth so he can use the local library.

31. fbc5c says:

The moral of the story is if you are cute and make a lot of noise, you will get media attention.

If you are ethnic in the least, hit the road jack. And take your kids with you.

32. Dan Kleinman of SafeLibraries.org says:

AL said, “But of course no one knew about this one anomalous patron until the ‘female employee’ went about her busybody bureaucratic business and ratted him out.”

I just found out a volunteer with the Los Angeles Public Library ratted out an NBA player for reading Playboy. See “Mark Madsen is Allowed to Read Playboy” at safelibraries.blogspot.com/2009/06/mark-madsen-is-allowed-to-read-playboy.html

What’s going on? Some libraries don’t rat out child p*rn viewers, but others rat out small children and NBA players?

33. MM says:

The library policies are here. See the section on Nonresident cards for their side. I still would not have changed the child’s access mid-program nazarethlibrary.org/general_information.htm
    Incidentally, one library I work for has every program completely full and every corner of the building in use on summer evenings and afternoons. Most of our programs are open to everyone. A few of the most popular are open only to residents. We don’t restrict lending to any library card holders in our state. But some places do and when there are 30+ names on the waiting list for a best seller, its understandable why they had to go to that policy.

34. Day says:

ChickenLittle:
    And you can ski, have snowball fights, etc, in the winter, as well…

35. Ami Segna says:

Read in a tree, for goodness sake – that’s what my daughter does, it’s what I did when I was little. She’s skinny as a sapling (I’m getting fat, but I’m pregnant, so there.) Reading doesn’t cause childhood obesity, laziness does – and I rarely see a lazy kid come in and ask for a book.

36. Roundgal says:

I live in a municipal area with a similar problem. The other county doesn’t want to pay the taxes but wants access to the library we pay for in this county. They can buy a card. Nazareth doesn’t sell cards to non-residents. There might be a story behind that. The library is between a rock and a hard place.

37. NotMarianTheLibrarian says:

We’ve got one librarian who loves our “rules.” There are times when a body should look away and do the right thing by the person in question. Our rule-lover doesn’t think like that but our director does. Makes me get all tingly when the director talks about our users and how we’re here to help rather than hinder. :)

I just wonder how many public libraries might be getting $$ or services from the state/federal government. If that is the case, they shouldn’t enforce residency rules too strenuously.

38. Dr. NahNah says:

So the snitch tattled. That’s what snitches do. Doesn’t mean that the decision maker had to do anything about it.

39. Mr. Kat says:

That’s it, Time to NATIONALIZE Libraries!!!!!!!

How’s THAT for Change you can believe in??!! Or should that “Nationalization” thing just be for your precious health care plan? Kind of funny how the table turns when it is somethign that is not of immideate value to yourself [becasue youc an get your books freely and everywhere, why should you pay more so the less fortunate can enjoy that priveliege too??]

40. CarolG says:

Although I would have overlooked the residency issue in this case, in defense of the Library, I have to say that the people of that political subdivision–county, city, or whatever–are paying taxes to support that library system while non-residents are not… thus the lawful restriction. I was in a similar situation some years ago, when people moved out of the county with the nice library where I worked, and were shocked that they could no longer be our patrons. Their county HAD NO LIBRARY, so I told them that–as citizens–they should be working diligently to convince the politicians in their new county that a library was an essential service, and not try to mooch off our county. Of course I said it nicely.

41. Hikari says:

It doesn’t say, but I wonder whether this “library employee” was a clerk rather than a librarian. That may seem like semantics, but in my experience, the real ‘rules sticklers’ tend to be the clerical staff, who operate in a more narrowly defined set of parameters for their jobs and seem to derive comfort as a group, from clinging to ‘rules’. Rigidly following rules absolves one from any responsibility for independent thinking, you see. I am unfamiliar with this practice of ‘zoning’ patrons; at the library where I work, ANY state resident with a valid mailing address may apply for one of our cards, regardless of whether they live in ‘our’ school district. Of course, this means that the tax-paying citizens of our service area are paying out of pocket to carry a large load of non-taxpayers, but it seems more karmically generous all the same. I hope this family will not be permanently scarred by their negative experience with one library. As for that employee and her superiors, they need a lesson in learning to see the forest for the trees. What an unfortunate reflection on our library profession!

42. Jody says:

I didn’t have a summer reading program but I went to the library frequently for books. Then I’d head off to the swimming pool. Swim a little, read a little. Had great summers. Grew up; worked as a life guard a couple of years; graduated from college; taught a bit; eventually ended up working in a library after my children were in school.

43. Miss Coni says:

The Nazi Librarian lives!!!! Heaven help us…

44. Auntie Nanuuq says:

“Rules are a crutch for people with no common sense.”

Buwa ha ha ha…I use the rules to squash those who annoy the hell out of me…crush them like the nasty little cockroaches they are!

Aside from that piece of stand-up…..What was the problem? Now the circulation is going to go down, and the “female employee” could lose her job for lack of work! Not to mention this may have scarred that child for life.

45. a PA Librarian says:

From: Easton (Pa.) Express-Times, June 22, 2009

Nazareth library error rectified.

A 7-year-old boy from Tatamy, Pennsylvania, who was told last week that his Nazareth library card was invalid now can use the card until the end of the year. Lynn Snodgrass-Pilla, director of the Memorial Library of Nazareth and Vicinity, said June 22 that Dominick Philip would be permitted to use the card through year’s end. Melissa Philip, the boy’s mother, mistakenly received a Nazareth library card for her son about a year ago—an error that was revealed after Dominick’s photo was published in the Allentown Morning Call June 18….
    Easton (Pa.) Express-Times, June 22

46. 8t7e8 says:

The moral of the story, kick your feet and cry and demand that you be the exception.

If not, you are going to
    SUE!!!!!

Americans used to be able to suck it up with out whining and lawyers.

47. anon says:

I’d be interested to know from whom the Nazareth library receives their funding. If they receive a bulk amount of their funding from the state or federal government shouldn’t the library be free to all that live in the area. Houston Public Library’s powercard is attainable to all who live in the state of Texas.

48. can't keep quiet says:

Just had to address some of the comments about summer reading incentives and programs. As others have pointed out, it’s not like kids have to read all the time in the summer. You can even be AT summer camp and read during rest hour or in your bunk at night.

More importantly, studies have shown that kids lose 1/3 of their reading ability from June to September. So both teachers and librarians are on board with reading programs. If a child reads between 2-12 books over the summer which are at their reading level, that keeps them at that reading level so that they don’t lose any literacy when they return to school in the fall.

In other words, it’s not just fun and games and frivolity when we do these incentive programs. For those who said “I didn’t have these reading programs as a kid and I turned out fine” I say “GREAT!” But you probably were an avid reader anyway. These programs promote and encourage kids who wouldn’t be picking up books on their own, without some kind of incentive. Is that really so bad?

49. nfnnh says:

The boy was stealing services.

So librarians are advocated theft now?

How about if the kid were stealing books off the shelves? Would all the bleeding hearts here prosecute him or would they hold the door open for him?

50. Mr. Kat says:

Justice has been upheld. This action paves the way for a regional library system in this area just like so many of us enjoy elsewhere. For an agency that is supposed to be giving services away for free, I’m bemused by this whole situation.

51. Books are dum says:

I bet it was a clerk. They always seem on the edge of anger.

jmo, mls commented:

This rules.

52. h5568 says:

I bet it was a frustrated librarian. One who could not get a job in academia because the librarians there think that they have a right to work until they are 97 and no longer know anything about the how the world works.

If they had just retired on time this whole event could have been avoided.

53. Youth services librarian says:

Can’t keep quiet commented (probably regarding Chicken Little’s comment) about Summer Reading programs and kids. Summer Reading programs were started in the 1940s when it was found that kids were losing ground during the summer months. In my area the kids don’t have access to home libraries, don’t have books of their own, and are tested into the ground. They love the Summer Reading program where they can what they want at their level or above to earn great books of their own to take home. At the end of the summer we receive numerous letters thanking us for the books. Kids still have plenty of time for other activities during the summer while keeping up skills, too. We do a lot of educational programming at my library, but parents tell us of all the programs we offer the Summer Reading program is the most valuable.

54. Ellen says:

Many libraries extend borrowing privileges to people who attend school in a community. That seems like a simple and fair solution.

Living in a state where there is no state aid to libraries and all funding is local, I have to say that we need rules about card eligibility, but we try to be as inclusive as possible, extending cards to people who work or attend school in town. In the end, our taxpayers are the ones footing the bill–in essence, deciding what the level of service will be–and if one town is underfunding its library, you really can’t expect the residents of the next town to own the problem.

That said, the original error was made by a library employee, and it should have been handled differently. There were no winners and lots of losers.

55. geeze says:

So a library employee notified another branch that they made an error. That employee did not remove the child from the program. The clerks must follow rules at all times to ensure that they follow policy to keep their jobs and function accordingly. Anyone who has worked as a clerk before becoming a librarian knows how difficult dealing with people wanting things that the library does not allow, gets old. Do it for one, do it for all. Would not a senior person, probably a librarian, be the one who removed the child? They could have let him finish and then transfer, but they didn’t,whoopty doo!

56. Snarky Director says:

So, anyone can use any library for “free?”

Where do you think the money for the library comes from? It comes from property tax payers (in most places, and renters are included because property tax is figured in your rent). The problem is that most people — including many library staff — have no clue about where the money comes from!

Yes, it was a PR faux pas, but maybe the “taxpayer rights” folks will begin to understand that if you don’t pay, you may be denied service. And if taxes are capped, libraries will start reducing hours or services.

57. snnh2 says:

Please, Snarky Director, if cute waifs want to steal services, you have to let them.

Just make sure that ethnic kids keep it on the straight and low and play by all rules.

58. Local Gal Who Knows says:

Point One. The town of Tatamy has refused to allocate funds for the library system, but instead wants a membership system in which the town will partially subsidize Tatamy residents who want to join as individuals. Kind of like paying to use the public golf course. That sounds reasonable, but if the idea catches on, we’ll say good-bye to a lot of libraries. We can’t survive on membership fees, any more than public schools could survive if only parents with children paid tuition.

Point Two.

When the mother went to Easton to obtain a library card, she told them she lived in Easton. The clerk should have checked at the time, but the mother should not have, hmmm, made a mistake about her own residence.

Point Three. The director was out of town when this incident happened. When she got back, the first thing she did was extend the kid’s card to the end of the year. That would have been the sane thing to do from the get-go, but sometimes circ staff are not empowered to anything but follow the rules to the letter.

Point Four. (Not a point, actually but a heads-up). The Colbert Report sent a crew out to film a story on this controversy. I imagine they’ll make the library look like the bad guys. Too bad. (And no, I’m not affiliated with the Nazareth or Easton Library – I’m from another state.

59. La-La says:

To Local Gal Who Knows, the Colbert Report aired the story tonight and that’s how I came upon this story.

Anywho….. I don’t get it. I must admit, I do not frequent the library now that I am out of school. But when I dug deep in my wallet I found that I have 2 library cards. One says Luzerne County Library System and the other says Lackawanna County Library System. They both have the Access Pennsylvania stickers on them. But I live in Lehigh County.

In my comfortable cloud of library ignorance, I thought you could live anywhere in PA and use any library in PA. Perhaps I can USE the library in Luzerne County but I can’t attend special programs there?

SARCASM ALERT:
    Maybe we should all stop pointing fingers at “female employee” and blame the real culprit here: The Morning Call. If they hadn’t reported their facts straight, Mr. Colbert would have no librarians at which to poke-fun.

60. annabanana says:

Saw this on the Colbert Report. You can’t blame the mother- she went to their local library- and the librarian gave her son the access to the Nazareth library by mistake. It’s not like this family went there knowing they were stealing services- the library gave them access and then took it away.

I don’t know what kind of person looks at a news photo of one kid and thinks it is a big enough problem to ban him from the library.

Funny enough, that library web page now has a banner pleading with patrons to appeal for more funding. That kid must have stolen a lot of books! But it’s hard to have sympathy for an institution with so little compassion for others. I’d help them myself, but I don’t live in that county, and I’m pretty sure that’s against the rules.

61. tx library type says:

In locales with no county libraries or other regional umbrellas, residents in the suburbs are often left out of the library equation. In the mid-1990s I worked at the Austin Public Library and because of tax-funding issues, anyone who lived outside of very strictly (and often surprisingly) defined city tax limits, had to pay $48 and later $60 a year for a card. Obviously NOT something I enjoyed doing, particularly during summer reading program. Because I worked at a branch near the “border”, we had to daily inform 10+ patrons that they really didn’t live in “Austin.” There were no exceptions and we could be disciplined for fudging. That said, had I discovered the clerical error described in the above scenario, I would have let it slide, particularly if it wouldn’t come back to haunt any of my co-workers.

62. Link says:
  63. Jason W. says:

I saw this on Colbert and it just made me sad that some person has such low self-esteem that they had to get their jollies ruining the joy of reading for a seven year old child.

That person needs some serious psychological help if they behave in a manner like this. They obviously have the inability to reason or even have common decency.

64. Why so much ignorance? says:

It is genuinely distressing to read so many ignorant comments from people about this situation. Is it a shame that this boy can’t go to this library? Yes. Does he have the ability to go to another one? Yes. Was the library acting correctly? Yes. This isn’t about one child using the library, it’s about state funding, taxes, and politics. It’s about our wonderful society that expects everything, but is unwilling to be held accountable for anything. The mother should be the one explaining to her child “I messed up, we were going to the wrong library.” instead of blaming everybody else. And as for the “snitch”, are you kidding me? Almost all of you honestly believe that they were out to ruin this kid’s love of reading? That makes sense. Especially because libraries are all the rage right now. Of course they should put their job in potential danger because of some kid with an irresponsible mother. I’m sure you all would also right? I’ll come to where you work and ask you to break some rules for me with your supervisor standing there. If they’re not there, I’ll be sure they find out. I’m sure you’ll be fine sticking your neck out for me right?
    It’s just like politics, the majority of the nation form their opinions based on emotion and from a 30 second news clip they saw on tv, and they call that being educated. Please, lets do a little more research before we form opinions and start casting judgement because a poor child can’t go to this one library.