Library Journal’s Lead the Change series offers timely resources and tools to stay ahead of the innovations and changes steering the library profession. Librarians can attend in-person, hands-on events ranging from leadership skill development to engagement marketing, or live and on-demand webcasts focused on user experience.
- David Bendekovic, program developer and lead instructor at the Pennsylvania Library Association Academy for Leadership Studies, and his co-facilitators, including recent LJ Librarians of the Year and Movers and Shakers, provide insights, best practices and strategies that will help you transform your career, your library and your community.
- Aaron Schmidt, principal at the library user experience consultancy Influx and 2005 LJ Mover & Shaker, delivers expert insights and practical tips that can be applied immediately to help your library better understand and engage your community.
Lead the Change programs are designed for ALL library staff members and stakeholders – directors, managers and supervisors; trustees; and staff at every level across all departments in public, academic and school (K-12) institutions. You may attend alone or in groups with peers. Directors are encouraged to send staff members to our live events for a unique team building experience; groups of five or more will receive 10% off of each ticket.
Lead the Change Community Benefits
2014 Lead the Change registrants enjoy additional exclusive professional development resources to enhance and extend their experience, at discounted rates:
- Save 25% on Library Juice Academy courses taught by librarians from academic and research institutions, and library and information science faculty.
- Save 50% on Rowman & Littlefield titles written by and for professional librarians.
Registrants will receive special promo codes to take immediate advantage of these benefits with their Lead the Change registration confirmation email.
Over the course of 2012 and 2013, more than 2,300 librarians representing over 1,000 libraries participated in Lead the Change workshops. This is your chance to participate in this highly acclaimed program, in-person or online, and walk away with the tools needed to lead the change in your library and community. Register Today!
Upcoming Live Events
- 2015 Dates To Be Announced